About the DipIFR Qualification
If you are thinking of studying for the DipIFR qualification, find out more about the key points here.
This qualification from ACCA will provide finance professionals with a working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and will develop your knowledge and understanding as well as application.
To receive your Diploma in International Financial Reporting, you need to pass a single paper examination which is held in June and December each year at ACCA examination centres around the world.
This qualification is also offered in the Russian language for candidates wishing to study and sit the examination in Russian. Becker – ATC International provides a range of courses and materials in the Russian language.
Find out more information.
Contact the ACCA
Telephone: +44 (0)141 582 2000
Address: ACCA Connect, 2 Central Quay, 89 Hydepark Street, Glasgow, United Kingdom, G3 8BW
The Diploma in International Financial Reporting Syllabus information
This is a one paper, 3 hour examination which is divided into 2 sections:
- Section A: One ‘Groups’ question worth 40 marks
- Section B: Three scenario questions (20 marks each)
Download the DipIFR Study Guide containing all the information on the syllabus and what will be examined but on completion of this qualification, you will be able to:
- understand and explain the structure of the International professional and conceptual framework of accounting
- apply relevant financial reporting standards to key elements of financial reports
- identify and apply disclosure requirements for companies relating to the presentation of financial reports and notes
- prepare group financial statements (exluding group cash flow statements) including subsidiaries, associates and joint ventures
If you are not yet qualificated according to national standards, you may still be eligible to sit this qualification and will need to submit relevant evidence to ACCA upon application. You must have one of the following:
- three years’ relevant accounting experience (you will need to submit a letter from your employer)
- a relevant degree plus two years’ work experience
- an ACCA Certificate in International Financial Reporting plus two years’ work experience
The quickest way to become a DipIFR student is to apply online on the ACCA website. You will need to send copies of your supporting documents as outlined above by post and they will need to arrive with ACCA 10 days before the relevant closing date for your exam session.
You are best to check with your local institute for the exact units this qualification will provide.
For ACCA members, ACCA’s CPD policy states that one hour of learning is equivalent to one unit. Therefore studying for this diploma may fully meet your 40 unit CPD requirement for one year, and in this case, you can also carry forward up to 21 verifiable units to the following year.
For the most up-to-date information, please check the “managing your CPD” link on the ACCA website.
Applying to become a DipIFR candidate
You can apply for the Diploma in International Financial Reporting at any time, but if you want to sit your exam at a specific exam session (June and Decemer each year), you must ensure that your application and supporting documents have reached ACCA at least 20 days before (for postal applications) and 10 days before (for online applications) the closing deadlines:
- 08 April for the June examination
- 08 October for the December examination
Your initial registration fee includes one exam attempt. If you are resitting the exam, an additional fee will be charged.
Registration fee is £205
Resit fee is £205
Late registration fee is £299
Registration fee is £211
Resit fee is £211
Late registration fee is £299
Studying for your DipIFR qualification with Becker
Our ACCA and DipIFR materials have been awarded ACCA Approved Content Providers for December 2014 onwards under the new ACCA content approval programme. As an ACCA Approved Content Provider, our materials have undergone a thorough assessment by ACCA’s examining team to ensure they are of the highest quality and meet all ACCA Learning outcomes providing students with the best resources for success.
Our study materials are available as eBooks or as printed hard copies.